is required to provide a safe and healthy workplace free from recognized hazards. WAC 296-800-110 outlines some of the basic responsibilities, including:
and using methods to make the workplace safe.
· Prohibiting employees from entering
or being in any part of a workplace that is not safe.
Constructing the workplace so that it is safe.
Prohibiting alcohol and narcotics from the workplace.
Prohibiting employees from using equipment and materials that do not meet DOSH
supervising and enforcing safety rules that are effective in practice.
· Controlling chemical agents.
· Protecting employees from
Each employee is responsible for playing an active role in creating a
safe and healthy workplace, and complying with applicable safety and health rules. WAC 296-800-120 outlines some basic responsibilities, including:
· Studying and following all safety practices to the work being performed.
· Coordinating and cooperating with all other employees to try to eliminate workplace injuries and illnesses.
Applying the principles of accident prevention to the daily work.
Using proper safety devices and protective equipment as required
by the job or employer.
care of and wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
· Not wearing torn or loose clothing while working around machinery.
· Promptly reporting hazards, injuries and illnesses to a supervisor.
· Not removing or damaging any safety device, notice or warning provided to make the workplace
everything reasonably necessary to protect the lives and safety of employees.